Do! Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature on Pop! Goes The Reader in which I pay tribute to some of the best and brightest the publishing world has to offer in the way of book cover design. This feature is inspired by Katie’s feature Cover Love on her blog One Page At A Time. The idea is being used with her gracious permission.
Some of my favourite covers this week include Otherwise Known As Possum by Maria D. Laso, The Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly Barnhill, The Goldfish Boy by Lisa Thompson, The Emperor Of Mars by Patrick Samphire, Howard Wallace, P.I. by Casey Lyall, The Many Reflections Of Miss Jane Deming by J. Anderson Coats, The Other Boy by M.G. Hennessey, A Little Taste Of Poison by R.J. Anderson, The Bad Kid by Sarah Lariviere, We Are Giants by Amber Lee Dodd and Foxheart by Claire Legrand.
Please Note: I’ve done my best to credit all of the illustrators responsible for the beautiful covers below, but was unable to find this information for a number of those listed. If you know of an uncredited illustrator responsible for any of these book covers, please let me know and I would be happy to include proper attribution in this post. Their work is lovely and deserves to be credited.
04. The Boy Who Knew Too Much by Commander S.T. Bolivar III
05. The Water And The Wild by K.E. Ormsbee (Cover illustrated by Erwin Madrid)
06. The Girl Who Drank The Moon by Kelly Barnhill (Cover illustrated by Yuta Onada)
10. The Emperor Of Mars by Patrick Samphire (Cover illustrated by Jeremy Holmes)
11. Howard Wallace, P.I. by Casey Lyall
12. The Many Reflections Of Miss Jane Deming by J. Anderson Coats (Cover illustrated by Matt Rockefeller)
16. The Someday Birds by Sally J. Pla (Cover illustrated by Julie McLaughlin)
17. A Legend Of Starfire by Marissa Burt (Cover illustrated by Jakob Eirich)
18. The Peculiar Night Of The Blue Heart by Lauren DeStefano
22. We Are Giants by Amber Lee Dodd (Cover illustrated by Kristyna Litten)
23. The Scourge by Jennifer A. Nielsen (Cover illustrated by Tim O’Brien)
24. Foxheart by Claire Legrand (Cover illustrated by Jaime Zollars)
Now it’s your turn! What are some of your favourite middle grade covers? Did I list one of your favourites here or is there one I forgot that just has to be included? Let me know in the comments!