Today’s post is sponsored by Iva-Marie Palmer and Gimme Everything You Got!
Title Gimme Everything You Got
Author Iva-Marie Palmer
Intended Target Audience Young Adult
Publication Date July 14th 2020 by Balzer + Bray
Find It On Goodreads ● Amazon ● Chapters ● The Book Depository ● Barnes & Noble ● IndieBound
It’s 1979 — the age of roller skates and feathered bangs, Charlie’s Angels and Saturday Night Fever — and Susan Klintock is a junior in high school with a lot of sexual fantasies…but not a lot of sexual experience. No boy — at least not any she knows — has been worth taking a shot on.
That is, until Bobby McMann arrives.
Bobby is foxy, he’s charming…and he’s also the coach of the brand-new girls’ soccer team. Sure, he’s totally, 100 percent, completely off limits. Sure, Susan doesn’t stand a chance. But that doesn’t mean she can’t try out for the team to get closer to him, and Susan Klintock has always liked a challenge.
Between the endless drills and grueling practices, Susan discovers something else: She might actually love soccer. But being a part of the first girls’ team at school means dealing with other challenges.
As friendships shifts, she finds her real passions might lie in places she didn’t expect when the season began — and that discovering who she is will mean taking risks, both on and off the pitch.
Love. Lust. Soccer. Acclaimed author Iva-Marie Palmer returns with a fresh, funny, feminist coming-of-age comedy about learning to take your shot on the things that truly matter.
Do! Judge A Book By Its Cover is a regular feature on Pop! Goes The Reader in which I pay tribute to some of the best and brightest the publishing world has to offer in the way of book cover design.
Please Note: I’ve done my best to credit the designers and artists responsible for the beautiful covers below, but was unable to find this information for a number of those listed. If you know of an uncredited designer responsible for any of these book covers, please let me know and I would be happy to include proper attribution in this post. Their work is lovely and deserves to be credited.
01. Kind Of A Big Deal by Shannon Hale
(Cover design: Aurora Parlagreco ● Cover art: Ana Hard)
02. Happily Ever Afters by Elise Bryant
(Cover design: Jessie Gang ● Cover art: Michelle D’Urbano)
03. The Lending Library by Aliza Fogelson
(Cover design: Kimberly Glyder ● Cover art: Kimberly Glyder)
04. This Is How We Fly by Anna Meriano
(Cover design: Kristin Boyle ● Cover art: Ali Mac)
05. The Wrong Mr. Darcy by Evelyn Lozada and Holly Lörincz
(Cover design: Ali Mac ● Cover art: Ali Mac)
06. Slingshot by Mercedes Helnwein
(Cover design: Olga Garlic ● Cover art: Ana Hard)
07. The Twelve Dates of Christmas by Jennifer Bayliss-Jennings
08. The Cactus by Sarah Haywood
09. Eighty Days To Elsewhere by K.C. Dyer
10. Love Sold Separately by Ellen Meister
11. The Library of Lost Things by Laura Taylor Namey
(Cover design: Gigi Lau ● Cover art: Kelsey Smith)
12. I Think I Love You by Auriane Desombre
(Cover art: Jeff Östberg)
13. One Way or Another by Kara McDowell
(Cover design: Yaffa Jaskoll ● Cover art: Maeve Norton)
14. The Love Scam by MaryJanice Davidson
(Cover design: Philip Pascuzzo ● Cover art: Philip Pascuzzo)
15. Anna K: A Love Story by Jenny Lee
(Cover design: Erin Fitzsimmons ● Cover art: Gustavo Marx)
16. Recommended For You by Laura Silverman
17. The Sky Blues by Robbie Couch
(Cover art: Jeff Östberg)
18. Can’t Take That Away by Steven Salvatore
(Cover art: Hilde Atalanta)
19. Coming Up For Air by Nicole Tyndall
(Cover design: Casey Moses ● Cover art: Pedro Tapa)
20. Instant Karma by Marissa Meyer
(Cover design: Rich Deas ● Cover art: Vera Brosgol)
Now it’s your turn! What are some of your favourite Contemporary covers? Did I list one of your favourites here or is there one I forgot that just has to be included? Let me know in the comments!